Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
laaBina
My Device: Developper

BIS-Connection

Hi, 

I need a little help concerning bis-connection... I know I must append a secret string to the url in order to establish this type of connection and to get this string I must be a member of the alliance program or register for the push service. Although I am a member of the alliance program, I didn't find a way to get this string other than making some researches on Google!! I tried to register to the push services by filling a form but I also had no replies:smileysad: anyways, once I've found this string I added it to my application and it worked great for a while but now it doesn't work anymore:smileysad: can anyone help me figure out why it doesn't work anymore? And can I use this string although I didn't register?

I appreciate any reply and thank you for your time and consideration:smileyhappy:

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: BIS-Connection

welcome to the support forums.

this forum is mainly user-to-user, maybe you can mail devsupport@rim.com to get a status.
if you are an alliance member you should also have a direct contact at BlackBerry (sometimes they don't answer anyhow though).
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi laaBina and welcome to the forums!

When did you apply for Push? It can take about 10 business days to receive a response.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
laaBina

thank u guys for the fast reply:smileyhappy: i applied for the push 2 months ago!!!!!!!!!! my app is on hold since then:smileysad: and now i really need it!! 2 weeks ago i tried to contact rim but no replies!!:Helpsmilie:

did they change the secret string or is it possible that they've blocked my app:smileysad:?????

Retired
gbeukeboom

No change to secret strings.

Did you email BlackBerryPushServices@rim.com? This is the address that handles registration/account questions.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
laaBina

no, i'll give it a try:smileyvery-happy: thank u so much:smileyhappy:

one more question please:$ is it leagal to use this string without registration?

Retired
gbeukeboom

BIS connectivity use is only open to people that have agreements with BlackBerry to use.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!