Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BRANDING: Dynamically change Application Icon and Images in App

I want to be able to brand my application such that the app icon is dependent on the registrant and/or some download parameters -- and thus limit the build I maintain to a single build.

For example, someone downloads the app from a company X link, so that when it is installed on their smartphone it has the icon and app title for company X.  The icon and title vary based on the download (perhaps via some query string values).

Is this even possible, and if not can anyone think of an alternative approach?  One idea I had was to have the user enter some registration value that would then cause a different resource file to take effect, but not sure how to go about making this happen. 

New Developer

Re: BRANDING: Dynamically change Application Icon and Images in App

Alternatively, is it possible to build the application with different icons and if so, how?
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Take a look at "net.rim.blackberry.api.homescreen.HomeScreen", it might not do everything you want but it can change icons and names of your app.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
New Developer

Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted. I did a lot of online researching but didn't think or know to look for "HomeScreen" as part of that search.
Regular Contributor

I have noticed some interesting fact: when the device is restarted, the icon set as application icon from homescreen class is lost ... I guess an alternative is to have an alternate point that sets the app icon on startup?