Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BT: SppOpen failed: 12 error

Just gonna keep hammering away hoping someone will listen to me.  I am getting this error after an application exits (presumably) without closing down the bluetooth serial port connection.  Once this happens it appears no application (my test is to use googlemaps which uses the bluetooth serial port as well), and it gets this error as well as the application I am testing.  I am using OS 4.2.1.X/Pearl8100/Globalsat-368i.  My bet is if I wasted another hour upgrading to 4.5.0 this problem would go away.  Can anyone confirm there are issues with the bluetooth stack on 4.2.1.X, or just tell me what this error means and how to recover from it?  As it is now once you get the error, even if you kill the application you can't get the bluetooth back.  It requires disable/re-enable bluetooth to get it going again.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BT: SppOpen failed: 12 error

Keeping this charade going.  It seems the simplest of my code to manage the bluetooth port fails to disconnect the device.  Question....what do I do to guarantee the BT disconnects???? Also, what does "BT: MODE_CHANGE: 2,0" in the debug log denote (I only get this in my code, not when I debug googlemaps)?

StreamConnection _bluetoothConnection = 

(StreamConnection)Connector.open(_uri, Connector.READ_WRITE);

_bluetoothConnection.close();

_bluetoothConnection = null;   // I DON'T GET A DISCONNECT IN THE LOG !!!!!!!

Output debugger window for Googlemaps...which always disconnects :-(

MM: GoogleMaps-1(1409) no sig from 0x33
BT: allocSerialPort a0598ea0
BT: BTEVENT_LINK_CONNECT
net.rim.bluetooth: DC00
BT: SPP_EVENT_CONNECTED
CMM: GoogleMaps(1406) no sig from 0x33
GME Rx Cid: IPPP
Exit GoogleMaps(126)
Foreground net_rim_bb_ribbon_app(58)
BT: SPP_EVENT_DISCONNECTED
BT: freeSerialPort a0598ea0
BT: BTEVENT_LINK_DISCONNECT
net.rim.bluetooth: DD16
JVM: bklt @56513: timer

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BT: SppOpen failed: 12 error

This is a very old post but I happen to have come across some information on the numeric codes that can accompany "SppOpen Fail: n" errors.

On the off chance this helps others:

12 means "No resources"

Not enormously clear I know but maybe it will offer some clues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim