Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Visitor
zrcbempuxjlnh
My Device: none

BarcodeScanner/camera Player ZoomControl on a 6.0.0.246 Torch

Hi,

Has anybody managed to get the ZoomControl working (zooming in to 200%, what is supported by the camera e.g. in the preinstalled Camera app) on this OS version?

The i-nigma barcode scanner app seems to support this feature, although there are additional unusual features about this app:

1. The camera viewfinder doesn't take up the entire screen in i-nigma, although when using the viewfinder Field from either the standard "capture://video" Player or returned by the BarcodeScanner.getViewfinder() method, it always runs in fullscreen mode (non-fullscreen mode seems not to be supported at all in this OS).

2. The video recording LED doesn't blink red in i-nigma, although it does in apps using the BarcodeScanner; so it would suggest they're not using the BarcodeScanner viewfinder.

i-nigma zooms in to about 200% 1-2 seconds after starting the viewfinder.

Any ideas on how this zoom could be implemented? It seems to me that the standard API doesn't support this feature on this device with this OS version in any simple way.

Maybe i-nigma is somehow recording the video to a stream and emulating the zoom on a frame-by-frame basis, by scaling the frames and displaying them in some BitmapField? To be honest, I'm not really sure if it is possible to achieve such a high framerate as in i-nigma by implementing this solution in Java.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
nish1013
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BarcodeScanner/camera Player ZoomControl on a 6.0.0.246 Torch

I couldn't even workaround how to implement auto foucs using standard BB labrary :No:

Please use plain text.