If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
chackett
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Meteor - Ireland

Basic NFC tag emulation.

Hi There,

I have recently setup a USB NFC reader (ACR122u). It supports ISO 14443 Type A and B, Mifare, FeliCa, and all 4 types of NFC (ISO/IEC 18092) tags.

I have written a C# application that currently reads the UID from Mifare classic cards. I know these are not supported by BB SDK right now.

I'm looking to create a basic app that will push a string to the reader. Probably with the ISO 14443 A or B card. Can I simulate a card and create a UID.

For something like this do I need to get into callbacks etc

I'm completely new to Blackberry development and do plan on reading a lot, just posting here to get some idea of how others are doing things.

Thanks,

Conor

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Blog - Coming Soon
ConorHackett.com - My Personal Site
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Basic NFC tag emulation.

Hello chackett,

The best starting point for NFC that I can recommend would be the articles outlined here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/NFC-Article-Index/ta-p/1538775

At this time, peer-to-peer NFC is not supported by the 7.0 APIs though. (Source; search Peer-to-peer)

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
chackett
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Meteor - Ireland

Re: Basic NFC tag emulation.

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for clearing up the issue with Peer-to-Peer. I have been reading those articles and have finally been able to setup target emulation.

I can use the ACR122U to read and write to this card using the processCommand() function.

Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Blog - Coming Soon
ConorHackett.com - My Personal Site
Please use plain text.