Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Super Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Bitmap rotation animation

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make my .png image constantly and symmetrically rotate. I'm using ImageManipulator library which works well when I just need to rotate image once, but if I render it frequently (that is, animate) it just gets ugly, you know, especially on the edges. What do you guys usually do to achieve nice bitmap rotation animation?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Bitmap rotation animation

Hi,

I dont know how much this would of use but the below link disscuss few ui designs. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Implement-advanced-buttons-fields-and-manage...

In that link you would be able to find a progress animation field check whether that could be of any help.

Regards

Krishnan.

Developer
My Device: Many

Are you trying to do a progress animation or this is just a functionality of your app?

Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.

Juanma 

@juanmab

Super Contributor

I'm developing a game and have an image which I need to animate - symmetrically rotate. I could do a sprite animation, but hope there's a better way...

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Can I suggest that you don't take an image, display it, rotate it a bit then display, then rotate that same image more, then display, then rotate the same image and so on.  This just results in artifacts getting worse and worse.  Instead take an image, save it, rotate it a bit and display, then restore the original and rotate it a bit more and display, and so on, each time returning to rotate the original (which you save).  That way, you only get artifacts from one rotation.

Super Contributor

great, thank you for this ideaSmiley Happy I'll give it a try as soon as possible