Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry 9500/9530 Choking Tunnel.open

I'm attempting to create a WAP2 connection (";deviceside=true;ConnectionUID=WAP2 trans") but on the Storm (tested on a 9500 Vodafone and a 9530 Verison; both unlocked and using active Rogers SIM cards) we're seeing the following error:

Choking Tunnel.open due to 'max tunnels' error; id=3

** time passes; five minutes or so **

Resuming all Tunnel.open calls waiting on 'max tunnels' error

Unchoking Tunnel.open due to 'max tunnels' error; id=3

The connection continues as expected from here and does correctly use the specified WAP2 transport. This delay is not experienced on any other device when attempting to connect over the same WAP2 transport using the same SIM card.

What could be causing this error?

How can I detect this before attempting to connect?

Is there anything that can be done to have this connection work as expected (ie, connect immediately)?

Developer

Re: BlackBerry 9500/9530 Choking Tunnel.open

Have you looked at this KB article.

What Is - Different ways to make an HTTP or socket connection

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_Is...

Regards

Bikas

New Developer

Yes. I have also read this thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&thread.id=29103

Both of these are resources for setting up general network connections on BlackBerry. In the above post, you will see that I am using the expected URL parameters in my Connector.open call. Neither of these articles address the specific Storm issue with Choking Tunnel.open. The same network calls that we are using on these Storms are used on every other device we test on with no problems.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: peoples

Hi, I have the same problem, do you find the solution finally?