Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
salmankhan7788
My Device: Curve 9650,Bold 9900

BlackBerry - Address bar and browsing speed issues in BrowserSession and BrowserField Api

Hi

I am working on an app in which i need to hit a url and open a web page. First i use BrowserSession api it works good but according to app requirement i can not show the url in address bar, and i have not find any way to hide the address bar in this.

Then i use BrowserField Api its fulfill my requirement but the main problem with this its very slow in comparision of BrowserSession api, thats why i can not use it.

I want to know is there any other alternative for my problem in which Browsing should be fast and address bar also hidden.

Thanks in advance.

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry - Address bar and browsing speed issues in BrowserSession and BrowserField Api

Write your own Browser? :smileywink:

In terms of APIs available, what you have tried is all that is available. 

There have been various threads on this forum regarding the speed of the BrowserField.  Please search to find out if there are any that provide an insight for you.

I am aware of applications that make extensive use of the BrowserField for presentation of material that is already on device, and these perform satisfactorily, so perhaps the problem is the re-download of data from the same URL (like a CSS file).  So perhaps this will help:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/How-to-Implement-a-Web-Cache-for-Your-Browse...