Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
BB_Developement
My Device: 9900,9930,9790,9780,9330

BlackBerry BrowserField login issue

Hello All,

I have used BrowserField in my app. In that i open Login page for connecting facebook using some third party api . If user enter correct creadentials it returns  json response as  url  and other parameters require to navigate  to another page .

My problem is that  login page display only first time after that whenever i try to open login page it directly redirect me  to second page i.e json response.

I want to open Login page everytime.

Please anyone tell me that  why this happens and what is solution for this.

Thanks in Advance.

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry BrowserField login issue

Are you sure this is the BrowserField and not the third party application just immediately processing the login because it recognizes you from previously? 

Have you tried forcing a logout?

New Developer
BB_Developement
My Device: 9900,9930,9790,9780,9330

Thanks Peter for your reply,

I will check this  . But when i clean blackberry simulator this issue not occure .

So, Please tell me any solution for this issue.

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Not 100% sure, as this is not an area of expertise.  I suspect two things:

a) Browser cache is retaining the previous response and returning the response to the request.  You could test this by changing the request a little, perhaps add an extra parameter with the time.

b) The application recognizes the device and the fact that it has recently logged in, presumably from some Browser identification or the IP Address, and doesn't bother displaying the login screen.

I favor (b), which is why I suggested you try logging out. 

I have seen exactly this with facebook, p[personally I didn't mind it since it meant my users did not have to log in all the time.