Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Curve

BlackBerry COD file creation issue from JAR

Hi

I have created a BB Java application using Eclipse. When this compiles I automatically get the ALX and COD files that can be uploaded to BB for publishing. However, before this, I want to take the JAR file, obfuscate this file (using DASH-O) and then recreate a COD file.

Upon research, I found that I need to use the RAPC.exe command to do this. When I do this, the COD file is created as I would expect however, when I load the COD to my test device, the created application is not listed in the Downloads area on the phone (no icon visible so I cant launch the app). However, the app is installed according to  the Options/Applications/3rd-party apps.

PS- I have tried this operation using the orginal unobfiscated JAD and JAR files to make the COD and get the same behaiviour. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Developer
My Device: Javelin 8900

Re: BlackBerry COD file creation issue from JAR

you can use eclipse to make a jar file , by choose export and generated jar file

if anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button 

New Contributor

Thanks - I have created the JAR file with no issues. The problem is that from the JAR file I need to make an ALX and COD for submission to the BB App world. This is the part that is not working for me not the JAR creation issue.

Regards.

Developer
My Device: Z10, Onyx2

[ Edited ]
New Contributor

Hi

Unfortunately the link provided does not work.

New Contributor

Sorry - ignore last comment . Link is correct.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Not Specified