Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
stoaster
My Device: Bold

BlackBerry GUI Development tutorials (and more)

I've been working on a suite of BlackBerry Java development tutorials. Developers who are new to BlackBerry development will find them very useful. Here they are:

BlackBerry SDK and tools – Getting Started

BlackBerry Development Tools – Eclipse Plugin (in beta)

BlackBerry Development Tools – JDE (and IDEA)

Getting code signing keys from RIM, then using them

Using JSON for mobile object exchange

Creating your first GUI BlackBerry App

Working with BlackBerry Layout Managers

Find them all here - http://developerlife.com/tutorials/?cat=63

I'm going to add about 10 more tutorials that cover everything from networking, to camera integration, to GPS integration. I'm going to have tutorials on using UI components like filtered lists, and gauges. So stay tuned.

I'm also going to be at the Developer Challenge in SF in Nov. My app (Wicked App) is a finalist in the 09 developer challenge. 

Thanks,

Nazmul

President

ScreamingToaster

New Developer
Jacob_Jernigan
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry GUI Development tutorials (and more)

Wow this looks good thanks!
New Developer
stoaster

Hi Jacob

You are most welcome. I have some great tutorials, that will be published soon, that should be valuable to the whole BB development community. I'm appalled at the lack of resources for BB development, and had a tough time becoming proficient in the platform. So I decided to write tutorials and create training programs to help others, so they don't have to go through the same pain again! :smileyhappy:

I'm in the process of gathering information on who's interested in comprehensive BB training programs. I'm offering 4 training modules (a total of 7 days).

On developerlife.com, I have a complete suite of tutorials for Android, and GWT. And very soon BlackBerry. I build apps that work on web/GWT, mobile (android, bb), and desktop (java), and services. I even built the ONE Platform to make it easy to do all this... again, to save others the trouble of building this infrastructure over and over again... 

Take care
Nazmul.

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Good work Nazmul!  Thanks for making these available to us.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

reading your tutorials for some time, nice to hear that you want to publish so many more, will be a good resource for new developers to point at.
I hope you plan to retain them available for a long time.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
stoaster

Thanks for the kind words Peter. I'm hoping to get some really cool & useful tutorials out very soon. I have the source code written up, just doing a lot of writing now...

I'm also focusing all my energy on creating training programs for BB development. If any one is interested, I can share a PDF with a brief outline of what I have so far...

Take care

Nazmul. 

New Developer
stoaster

Hi Simon

Thanks for your readership. I plan to keep these tutorials around for a long time. Developerlife has been around since '98 I think :smileyhappy:.  I plan on not only covering basic stuff, but also get into advanced tutorials (like media capture and Push API integration). The training programs I'm currently working on are going to be very valuable (I hope) to beginners and masters alike, to get up to speed with their BB development & deployment efforts.

Take care

Nazmul