Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
u2_ireland
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Installer Questions

Hello,

I have two questions regarding how to install an application into blackberry device.

I have developed an application for blackberry, which needs to load an configuration file to run.
1. I want to know how to copy the configuration file into the prespecified folder during the blackberry installation?
2. My application has two independent applications, it that possible to bundle two applications in to one Blackberry installer?

Please shed some light on this?

Many thanks!

Hai
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: BlackBerry Installer Questions

I suggest you review the "Packaging and distributing BlackBerry Java Applications" of the Development Guide.  This will give you a better understanding of what options are available.  There are a number of different ways of installing a BlackBerry application, I think you need to decide which you are going to use, and then tailor your installation around that. 

If you can tell us how you plan to install the applications, that will save us having to respond with information that you are never going to use.

Just for the record, my initial take is (2) is easy, regardless of how you decide to install, but I really don't know how to do (1).  I presume you are wanting to put the config file on the SD Card?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
u2_ireland

Peter,

Thanks for the help. I have resolved the two applications bundle installation issue with your suggestion, I still could not resolve the #1 issue regarding configuration file, yes, I expect the installer to install the external configuration into SD card during the installation. Please let me know if I should use Resource rrh/rrc instead of external configuration if to install the external config file is impossible or not allowed?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

The installation process does not load anything onto the micro SD card.  Instead, your application could check for the file and if it does not exist download it from a server.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.