Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse 1.3.0 released!

@MSohm

Is there a possibility to get Java SDK 6.0 without the full installer? I had 2 times the problem that my SDK was deleted because of clean simulator and I have to install the complete eclipse new incl. signing keys. Is there another way?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Verizon

While we're at it...

The BlackBerry Simulator Output Console now has a prefix for each line of:

[0.0]

What is the usage for this and can we turn it off?

--Todd

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600) | Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07) | Eclipse Version: 3.6.2 [M20110210-1200] | BlackBerry Eclipse Plug-in: 1.3.0.201102031007-19 | Java Compiler level: 1.3 | Targeting devices running OS 5 | Simulators: JDE 5.0 packaged 9700, 9630, 9300
Developer

[ Edited ]

By the way, I dislike having the MDS command window open up if I need it to run with the Simulator. So, add the following simple DOS to the run.bat that will add a title and start the window minimized.

@echo off
call setBMDSEnv

if ["%JAVA_HOME%"] == [""] goto noJavaHomeSet

start "BlackBerry MDS" /min cmd /v:on /c "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -classpath !BMDS_CLASSPATH!;!BMDS_CLASSPATH2! -Xmx512M -DSimulatorMode=1 -Djava.endorsed.dirs=classpath\endorsed -DKeystore.Password=password net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceApplication -log.console.dump
goto :EOF
:noJavaHomeSet
start cmd /v:on /c java -classpath !BMDS_CLASSPATH!;!BMDS_CLASSPATH2! -Xmx512M -DSimulatorMode=1 -Djava.endorsed.dirs=classpath\endorsed -DKeystore.Password=password net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceApplication -log.console.dump

--Todd

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600) | Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07) | Eclipse Version: 3.6.2 [M20110210-1200] | BlackBerry Eclipse Plug-in: 1.3.0.201102031007-19 | Java Compiler level: 1.3 | Targeting devices running OS 5 | Simulators: JDE 5.0 packaged 9700, 9630, 9300
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi wpbbmg.  Can you please provide a bit more detail on:

- the steps you took to have the SDK disappear.

- clarify what you mean by disapper? :smileywink:  Is the SDK not listed in the preferences under Java -> Installed JRE's?  Is the jar file removed from the harddisk under the plugins directory?

Thanks!

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis

Hi Todd.  In terms of the console output including [0.0] periodically, this is a bug.  The information is meaningless, while being slightly annoying... :smileywink:  Unfortunately there is no workaround to get rid of it at this time.

Thanks.

@ken_wallis
Developer

[ Edited ]

@kwallis

What is your best guess in terms of a bug release for 1.3.0 that resolves that annoying issue among many others listed in the RIM JIRA?

--Todd

Developer

calgacus wrote:

ok i fixed it by reinstalling everything, creating a new project with the same main class name and then copyong my old code into the new project.  The Unreachable Code error then instead of pointing to the end on my main class file pointed to a line in that file which ended with 2 semicolons.  deleted on and problem solved.  

I tested out the debugger and stepping through code is much faster than the last time I used it in the old plugin - based on my testing this weekend I'd say it's an enormous improvement but I only did  a little testing at home and none at work yet.

That was at home.  Have not tried it again since then till today at work.   And the performance here is terrible - useless in fact.  This computer is a quad core intel, home rig is only 2 core AMD.  Both run same jave, eclipse plugin versions.  Same OS too - winxp pro sp3 ( at home I have win xp media center).

Here my fledge spins up to 25% CPU which i guess means a full core, plus 578 megs ram, while my eclipse uses up 4787 megs and no cpu time.  Firefox usually runs at about 200-300 megs too.  But only fledge is taking up much cpu time. 

What simulators have worked well with this?  Any?  I tried siompack 5 9550 and another 9550 sim.  same problems, in fact its hard to even get the debugger to attach. 

Is there a special way to attach a debugger in the new blackberry perspective?  When debugging my perspective switches to the debug perspective.

Developer

Tryin the 9800 OS6 sim, but I'm not having much luck with it in debug mode, still getting :

An internal error occurred during: "JDI thread evaluations".
    Java heap space

messages.

Hi calgacus.  Where do you see that error?  Is it a dialog brought up by the simulator?  Do you see it in Eclipse itself?  Can you please also check your processes to see if there are any other fledge.exe processes running?

Thanks!

@ken_wallis
Developer

[ Edited ]

That error comes up frequently when using the debugger, in its own window, not sure if its spawned by fledge or the simulator - probably eclipse since it happens in all simulators.  Next time I see it I'll get a better look.

Just the one fledge running.