Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse error while building the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml

Hi ,

I am getting the following error in BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse while building a project , in BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml  ,please anyone provide me the solution.

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
InvalidRegex: Pattern value '([a-zA-Z_]{1,63}[\s-a-zA-Z_0-9.]{0,63}[;]?)*' is not a valid regular expression. The reported error was: ''-' is an invalid character range. Write '\-'.' at column '{2}'.    BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml    /umesh    Unknown    XML Problem 

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse error while building the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml

I think it's caused by running Java 1.7 (I can't find a link for you right now, sorry). I had the same issue and resolved it by uninstalling the 1.7 Java JDK and going back to 1.6

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse error while building the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml

New Developer
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: XL

My Device: Programmer
My Carrier: NA

So ... am I reading this right?  V1.7 was released, and there's a bug which prevents even the simplest Hello World app from loading.  The solution is to revert to 1.6?  How in the world did this simple of a bug make it to production?  This has (so far) been the buggiest device I've ever worked with.  Nothing but issues.