Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Java SDK v7.0 Beta Released

"I can't remember RIM releasing a beta to the broader developer community prior to the device release "

That is you and me both. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
paulkayuk
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Is there an NFC sample anywhere, or in preparation?

Please use plain text.
Developer
rakesh86shankar
My Device: Not Specified

I am not able to download 7 sdk,just downloading for a while it shows

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Unable to read repository at: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/auth/contactFormPreload.do?code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E95076... Too many failed login attempts.

Above happened in my system ,with XP sp3

and in windows 7,i am getting

session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
HTTP Server 'Bad Gateway' : https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/auth/contactFormPreload.do?code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E95076...
HttpClient connection error response code 502.

Regards

Rakesh Shankar.P

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtp5120
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Verizon

@br14.

Yes the installation does pause at 37% for a good 20 minutes+. But does install.

Again, don't cancel.

--Todd

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600) | Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07) | Eclipse Version: 3.6.2 [M20110210-1200] | BlackBerry Eclipse Plug-in: 1.3.0.201102031007-19 | Java Compiler level: 1.3 | Targeting devices running OS 5 | Simulators: JDE 5.0 packaged 9700, 9630, 9300
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

reumerd wrote:

'Installing Software' has encountered a problem

An error occured while collecting items to be installed:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installedsession context was:smileysad:profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).Unable to read repository at https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/auth/contactFormPreload.do?code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E95076... password provided.

This indicates that the installer lost it's connection to our update site.  Please, close Eclipse, clear you temp file directory (%temp%) and try the install again.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm

rakesh86shankar wrote:

I am not able to download 7 sdk,just downloading for a while it shows

Unable to read repository at: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/auth/contactFormPreload.do?code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E95076... Too many failed login attempts.

Above happened in my system ,with XP sp3

and in windows 7,i am getting

HTTP Server 'Bad Gateway' : https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/auth/contactFormPreload.do?code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E95076...
HttpClient connection error response code 502.

Regards

Rakesh Shankar.P

The login we require is the same one used for the BlackBerry Developer Zone:  http://us.blackberry.com/developers/

It looks like your Internet connection may be going through a proxy server that requires authentication.  Is that correct?  Have you configured your proxy server within Eclipse?

Mark Sohm

Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Re: BlackBerry Java SDK v7.0 Beta Released - installation errors

Not completely sure how I might have fixed the issue, but one thing might be allowing the Eclipse client to use the various networks.

That resolved the issue installing the JDK 7.0, but I encounterred the same error again with the installation of JDK4.5 an JDK5.0 (no password).

Typing my username and password very slowly and not using any tab(s) to navigate between the fields, I finally did succeed to install all 3 additional SDK's in the Java 1.3.0 Eclipse Plugin.

Would you recommend installing WebWorks in the same Java 1.3.0 Eclipse or separate this into another installment of Helios Eclipse ?

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

@MSohm
Than it might be an issue of overcrowding on your update site. I have 100/100 fiber at home and had tried to install this 3 times. even removing/uninstalling and reinstalling the eclipse client and indeed emptying the %temp% directory, unfortunately to no avail.
Many thanks for your reply.
@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm

reumerd wrote:
@MSohm
Than it might be an issue of overcrowding on your update site. I have 100/100 fiber at home and had tried to install this 3 times. even removing/uninstalling and reinstalling the eclipse client and indeed emptying the %temp% directory, unfortunately to no avail.
Many thanks for your reply.

That could be the case as well.  You may want to try downloading again a bit later or outside of peak business hours.  Note that the update site is mirrored around the world, so some may be busier than others at a given time.

Mark Sohm

Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Mark, is there a doc that list what is new in OS7? looking at the javadoc it is hard to tell what is new in OS7.

thx

Please use plain text.