Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
HarshaBB
My Device: SIMULATOR 9550
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry Profiler View on Eclipse Shows empty

Hello Guys,

Am new to blackberry platform.

Whenever I try to view my "BlackBerry Profiler View" on my eclipse .

Can anyone kindly suggest where am going wrong ?.

Thanks in advance and regards

Harsha

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry Profiler View on Eclipse Shows empty

Have you followed the steps at the link below?

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/12002/Generate_profiler_data_656010_11.jsp

Are you testing using the BlackBerry smartphone simulator or on a real BlackBerry smartphone?

If you are testing on an actual BlackBerry smartphone you will need to reference the debug files from a matching BlackBerry smartphone simulator installation (all 4 digits of the BlackBerry device software must match).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
dshanley
My Device: Not Specified

Mark,

You mention referencing the matching BB debug files for the device OS.  If we are using eclipse, and I have a Bold with OS 4.6.0.297 (ATT) how do I go about debugging on the device from eclipse?  I'm using the 1.1 plugin, and I do have the standalone simulator installed (which does have the debug files in place).

Is there a way to copy one of the component packs and replace the debug files with the one from the standalone simulator?

Thanks!

PS Any timeline update on when the latest eclipse plugin will be released with hot-code support.   We all saw this demo'd at the conference, and it would be a really welcome improvement.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

You can install a stand alone BlackBerry smartphone simulator to get the .debug files.  The BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse should pick up the additional simulators that have been installed (will require a restart if Eclipse was running when you installed the simulator).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
dshanley
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks, Mark for the clarification.  

After installing the standalone simulator (ATT 9000), my eclipse installation no longer shows any other simulator debug options for jre 4.6.0 other than 9000, and the app won't deploy to the simulator.  I've discovered it's extremely difficult to get the plugins / component packs to reinstall from the update site, so I'm going to try and reinstall the eclipse plugin from the download exe -- pretty frustrating.

Please use plain text.