Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
only_vimal
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Simulator Memory Problem

Dear Friends,

I am developing an application in JDE 4.7 with Simulator 9530-Verizon.

The problem is that I have 141 Images (Total SIZE 11.4 MB), that I integrate with my application and it gives error like,

I/O Error: output file: Project-1.cod data section too large: 66184 bytes.Error while building project

And If I reduce images and place only 50 images in my application then it runs fine in simulator.

I have checked in simulator for free memory, even it shows me 29 MB free memory in simultor.

So is there any memory limitation in BlackBerry for Download folder of simulator. ???

What is actual problem ?

Thanks,

Vimal 

Please use plain text.
Developer

Re: BlackBerry Simulator Memory Problem

Try to cleanup the simulator from the folder

Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.

If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution".

Deepesh Gupta
Please use plain text.
Developer
webmasterpdx

Re: BlackBerry Simulator Memory Problem

oooh, thats a tough one. I'd love to know the answer to that one myself. Have you played around with .cod files where a single application has multiple .cod files. If you load the one that does load and via javaloader -u info -d -s -v appname.cod

That should give you info on the .cod file and it's dependencies and siblings. Sometimes, it breaks the .cod file into multiple files. That may throw up information......

Does it work on the blackberry itself??????

Normally, if it were possible to specify this in the .jad file, I'd load a .cod file with the main app, and the images in a seperate image file into the filesystem (either internal or the SD filesystem). You couldlook at it from that perspective.

I hope that this is of some help.

Thx

-Donald

Please use plain text.