Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ufone

Blackberry App freezes

I have made an application with JRE 7.1.0 which works perfectly fine on blackberry 9800 torch but when i run on blackberry 9700 bold the whole app freezes

please help me with this

thanks

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry App freezes

Is the Bold running OS 7.1? If not, then you have to compile for the target OS level.

New Contributor

Its not uses OS 7.1 there is OS 6 on the bold 9700 device ...

can you please tell me how to compile code for 9700 oS 6 device ...i have test the same application on blackberry torch9800 OS 6 but it works fine on that device  

New Contributor

when i run on Simulator OS 5.0 it throws this  jvm error 104 uncaught runtimeexception

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Have a look on this page:

https://developer.blackberry.com/java/download/eclipse

At the bottom there is a section which describes how to install older environments in Eclipse to support older OS levels.

You really need to install and use the same level as the oldest device you are planning to run your application on.  Backlevel compatibility is not guaranteed.  In fact it mostly doesn't work, the fact that you have got something to work on a backlevel OS is lucky.  The 104 type error is much more likely.