Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: blackberry storm
My Carrier: verizon

Blackberry Eclispe plugin and emulator

So I installed the following installation packages to develop Blackberry apps using the included emulators. I first installed them on a macbook pro, virtualizing windows 7 x86 with vmware. Everything worked fine, I created a quick HelloWorld app and it compiled and fully ran in the emulator. I did no other configuration. So I went to install this on my desktop PC with Windows 7 x64. I installed the exact same items. When I choose to run with the Blackberry Emulator, nothing happens. Any ideas? Did I forget something? I know I did the same steps on the macbook version....

Here's the file list:

• BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.0.0.67 (This includes Eclispe)
  • jdk-6u18-windows-i586
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Eclispe plugin and emulator

You probably did something different becaus a virtual machine doesn't change anything so if you were able to get it to work on Windows 7 on the virtual machine then the same steps would work on Windows 7 on a native machine.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
New Developer

The only thing i did on the virtual machine version was install the above two files. Do you see anything I may have missed or any tips ?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

My setup steps went as follows...

1. Install the JDK
    Add an environment variable for JAVA_HOME that points to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_22
    Add the following to the PATH ;%JAVA_HOME\bin;
  2. Install the full Eclipse with JDE Plugin as you have done
  3. Install a Component Pack e.g. 4.5.0
  4. Install a one or more simulators

A component pack may be included with the Eclipse/JDE installer but I installed it seperately just to be sure. I've done the install on 2 XP virtual machines, 1 real Vista install and 1 real Windows 7.

The only other step once Eclipse has an open Workspace and Project is I normally go into Run -> Run Configurations and create a new Blackberry Simulator, picking a specific installed simulator from the Simulator -> Profile drop down list.

New Developer

[ Edited ]

So, I did all that and even a clean install of the eclipse plug-in...I go to run and i see in thebottom right its "deploying debug server" with a status bar sits on 50% then disappears i get the house glass for about 2 seconds then nothing....

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I have seen the same behaviour, but only when using the default simulator. Can you confirm you went to Run -> Run Configurations and create a new Blackberry Simulator, picking a specific installed simulator from the Simulator -> Profile drop down list?

Highlighted
New Developer

[ Edited ]

Right now I am trying to use the default simulators....

I try to change the simulator to a different one, apply, and then run. same thing.

I tried a couple others, the one i dowloaded, it started but ran really slow.

Each time I start the simulator a new process starts called " fledge.exe" stays there for a sec or two then disappears...