Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
kaushik_saha

Blackberry Facebook sdk problem for OS 7.0

I am using Blackberry Facebook SDK (FacebookBlackBerrySDK-v0.8.25.jar) for facebook integration for my app. I am using the following code.

ApplicationSettings as = new ApplicationSettings(NEXT_URL, APPLICATION_ID, APPLICATION_SECRET, PERMISSIONS);
Facebook fb = Facebook.getInstance(as);
User user = fb.getCurrentUser();

It is working fine with OS 5.0 and OS 6.0, but it is not working for OS 7.0. For it, it is giving the "Connecting to Facebook" screen, not proceeding further. In the debug screen, we are getting below:

2012-03-12 07:24:29 [INFO] BF-Navigate: https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?scope=user_about_me,user_activities,user_birthday,user_educati...

2012-03-12 07:24:29 [INFO] Access Token not found.

What may be the problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sdpolke
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Facebook sdk problem for OS 7.0

I am facing the same issue. Does anyone have any solution

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: Blackberry Facebook sdk problem for OS 7.0

I would suspect that this is not an OS 7.0 error.  It is more likely something to do with the way you have these devices set up. 

The facebook SDK I use I integrate in Source form, rather than integrating the jar, which makes it easier to work through the interaction and debug problems like this.  I would recommend that you try this and debug the source yourself in your specific situation. 

Please use plain text.