Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
ashish12169
My Device: 8520

Re: Blackberry Cellsite location..

Hi ,
I want to tell you that in Airtel sim is donot have BlackBerry plan but it provide correct location. so, i think it is not the problem of BlackBerry Plan..
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Interesting.  let us know how you get on with the Diagnostic on both then. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Davidf65

try getting a fix manually and see if you're actually getting a fix. You could do this by going to your location settings

Please use plain text.
Developer
ashish12169

Hi,
I diagnostic both the sim card.
and it provide correct location in both of the cases .
after the diagnostic i try my code to fetch the location with Aircel sim Card and i get the sucess.

pls suggest where is the problem...what the diagnostic tool did ,so after it my app fetch the location with Aircel Sim Card...

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

You have the diagnostic code - review that to see what differences you see between that and your code.

Remember however that the BB will try to optimize its location and may provide locations that were obtained by other means.  So you will need to make sure you test in controlled circumstances.  I would restart the device  between tests for example.  But first try to recreate your situation, i.e. your code can't find the location, then you run test, then your code can find location.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mayureshg
My Device: 9550

/*********************************************************************/
Please press the like button on the right side to thank me if my reply helped you and please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Sorry I can onl give a qualified answer to this question. 

In this country, UK, GPS on the phones was never blocked.  So if the phone had GPS, then your app could use it (assuming the user let you).

SImilarly, the various BlackBerry location APIs that give locations via CellSite or WiFi have never, to my knowledge, been blocked.

However I believe that in other courntries, espcially the US, GPS was blocked on some carriers for some phones.  Verizon comes to mind as one carrier that did this. 

Do you need more than this?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ashish12169

Hi  thanks,

my  knowlege is same a you..

e.g  In device we fetch the location by three modes cellsite ,assisted etc...but some operators doesnot support some modes to fetch the location..e.g aircel doesnot support the assisted mode ,so to overcome this problem always use cellsite mode because most of the operator support it...

Please use plain text.
Developer
mayureshg
My Device: 9550

Thanks 

/*********************************************************************/
Please press the like button on the right side to thank me if my reply helped you and please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
armengar
My Device: Playbook

Yeah the US definitely supports it, not sure about India.

Please use plain text.