Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Z10, Onyx2
My Carrier: IND XL

Re: Blackberry JAM, who received the device?

sadly not all developers that has application on appworld get the device...

some is non blackberry developer get the device. 

im attending blackberry 10 jam at jakarta... most people there not a developer and getting the device...

dont know what was rim qualification for getting the device...

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

anditsung, you were at the jam event, have an application in appworld that you provided upon registration and did not get a devalpha?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

yeap... a day before the event start i got an email said about not qualified. still wondering what was the qualification..
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

i don't know anything about it as well. maybe you should have tried talking to one of the RIM people after the event.
at least in Berlin they were really accessible and friendly, and i know of at least one person who got an device afterwards.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

i heard from my friend, one guy asking alex saunders about why not getting the device. then alex ask his team to give him one. maybe i should ask him back then... the past is the past, waiting for the real device to be release then... at least im getting blackberry jam messenger bag from the reward Smiley Very Happy
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

"i know of at least one person who got an device afterwards"

Same in London.

But similarly, there were people present who were not developers who got the device. 

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

anditsung wrote:
i heard from my friend, one guy asking alex saunders about why not getting the device. then alex ask his team to give him one. maybe i should ask him back then... the past is the past, waiting for the real device to be release then... at least im getting blackberry jam messenger bag from the reward Smiley Very Happy

Well the Jam is not coming to my city and have email Alec about getting a device and basically someone replied saying they do not have enough devices to give away outside of the Jam tour. 

I think most  people who attend the Jam just want the dev unit but have no intention of developing any apps. 

Developer

Well... The jam is not coming to my city either... I have to take a 2 hours flight and got the news that not qualified.. Hahaa

Of course it was all about the device. How can you get the limited edition device and the most important thing... It was FREE as long as you attend all the sessions.

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Yeah the closest Jam is an hour flight and I ain't going.  Not really worth the price just for that.  I may goto the America Jam if they offer free dev unit.

It is really sad how we devs want to develop for BB10 and yet shut out of the device and they let non devs get the unit.  These units are probably collecting dust.

I have not read want the qualifications are but i'm sure you must have signed up for Appworld vendor.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

You guys aren't really trying Smiley Wink

I only had to take a 2 hour drive, 1 hour flight, over night hotel (outside London), then a 2 hour train, 3/4 hour underground, plus 1 hour walk (yes I got lost) to get to London Jam!  And on the way back, the train broke down, so I missed my flight - another night's accommodation.  And for the BBM Hackathon I had underground, plus a 3 hour bus, plus overnight bus.  Saved on accommodation in London (not cheap) but sleep was not plentiful.