Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry JDE Plugin for Eclipse 1.1 (gold) + deliverables (Standard or Web?) = confused.

What's the difference between 

I guess deliverables\Web\5.0.0 is designed for web deployment and differs from Standard in my project in that there is a appname-1.cod as well as appname.cod which does not exist in deliverables\Standard\5.0.0.

What is appname-1.cod and why do I need it?

Also why is there an appname-1.debug in the deliverables\Standard\5.0.0 folder when there is no appname-1.cod file?

All Replies
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry JDE Plugin for Eclipse 1.1 (gold) + deliverables (Standard or Web?) = confused.

Yes, I believe your assumption is correct, the files are organized based on delivery method.  You will also notice that the standard file structure has the ALX in the directory above which is used with BES application pushs and desktop manager deployments.  The intent I  think is to help organize your files not only by delivery method but also the builds for different ROMs.

As for the cods - with a large app it used to group multiple sibling cods (there is a max size) into a single parent cod (basically a zip file).  When you deploy the app OTA with a jad/cod combination you had to unpack the siblings and post them separately.  I  would have to double check but I am assuming they are doing the work for you now so what you are seeing are the sibling cods where you may have previously saw them in the one single cod.