Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
elwcheng
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry JDE plug-in for Eclipse

I am new to the Blackberry development.  The first thing I did was downloaded "BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.0.0.67.exe".  I followed the installation instruction and the process got stuck at "Installing" step and was never be able to complete installing the plug-in.  Then, I downloaded "eJDE1.0.0.67_With_CP4.5.0.16.zip", and use Eclipse Software Update to add the plug-in.  After Eclipse installation process completed, the "Blackberry" is added to the function list.  When I click on "Blackberry", only "Install Signature keys" is showing.  The "request signature" and "Configure Blackberry workspace" were grey out.  I tried to search for the file with .cod on my pc and can't find any. 

What should I do next to get the Eclipse environment up and running for Blackberry development?

Emily

Please use plain text.
Developer
crazyllama

Re: Blackberry JDE plug-in for Eclipse

I am not sure I understand your questions, but if you are trying to create a new BlackBerry project, go to File > New > Project, and then Select BlackBerry Project. If you have an existing project you can add it to your workspace by doing File > Import and then selecting BlackBerry Project.

To test the project, you can select "Debug as BlackBerry Simulator". To install the app on your phone, you need to create the ALX file (right click on the project and selecte "Generate ALX file") and then point the BlackBerry Manager's Application Loader to the ALX file.

Please use plain text.
Developer
baskaraninfo
My Device: BB 8320

Follow the steps given in the below post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=26604#M26604 

Use Search. "Accept Solution" if the problem gets resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
elwcheng

Thanks for the reply.  I was confused by the steps provided in the Resource Video.  I can navigate the newly added Blackberry plug-in within Eclipse better now.
Please use plain text.