Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
nunonobre
My Carrier: TMN
Accepted Solution

Blackberry OS 5 - Scrolling not working

Hi all,

I'am trying to do a OS 5 version of my application but I'm having problems with the scroll. In version OS6 and OS 7 scroll works without any problem. But when I run my aplpication in OS 5 version scroll does not work. My screen is a sub class of Main Screen and I have a list of Managers (Vertical fields Managers) that looks like tables.

Do you know what is the problem?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: Blackberry OS 5 - Scrolling not working

In my testing, I have decided that if you have non focusable Fields (like LabelFields) in OS 5.0 you will need to add NullFields to help with scrolling on trackpad devices. In OS 6.0 they got scrolling working better for all devices. 

You might find this Thread useful too:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Scroll-large-verticalfieldmanager/m-p/188647...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
nunonobre
My Carrier: TMN

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the answer. I have a list of VerticalFieldManager and I've added NullFields as you suggested.It worked. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Excellent.  Can you mark this as solved then?  Instructions in Help link near top of screen if you need them. 

Please use plain text.