Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9000

Blackberry Storm2 app does not work where as Storm1 works with compatibility mode on

I have developed an application compatible with the Blackberry non touch devices. Now, i would like to run the same on Storm 1 and Storm 2. I have read that it can be possible if the the compatible mode is ON. But, i am not able to run the application successfully on Storm 2 even the compatible mode is ON.

I can not enter the values through virtual keyboard in the text box. The touch is not working properly.

My application is compatible with OS 4.2 to OS 4.6 on non touch devices.

Reference:
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/13222/Running_existing_apps_on_a_touch_screen_...
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/13222/Controlling_compatibility_mode_705034_11...

Also, Do we have any simulator for the Storm 2 which can be integrated with the eclipse for the debugging purpose.

Thanks for your information.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Blackberry Storm2 app does not work where as Storm1 works with compatibility mode on

The version 5.0 BlackBerry Java SDK plug-in for Eclipse contains the BlackBerry Storm 2.

This guide should help with making your application compatible with touch screen devices.

Transitioning to Touch Screen Development

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/13239/index.jsp?name=Transitioning+to+Touch+Sc...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
My Device: 9000

Re: Blackberry Storm2 app does not work where as Storm1 works with compatibility mode on

Hi Mark,

I tried the blckberry component pack 5.0 for eclipse (eJDE-5_0_0_7_Component.zip).

But surprisingly it did not have the storm2 devices (contains 9000, 9500, 8900 devices)

Please correct me if i am wrong:

Storm1 devices are: 9500,9530

Storm2 devices are : 9520, 9550

Strangle we do not have a development environment to test on storm2 devices.

I faced issue like the keyboard is not responding and text input fields in my application and the exception causing application crash. I need to debug these issues on storm2 emulators.

Please help.

Developer
My Device: 9300

If you install the BlackBerry Java SDK 5.0.0.25, you'll get a 9550 simulator.

You can install this via the Software Update in Eclipse.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hello,

Did you figure out what the problem was here?  I am having a similar issue.  My application's text fields are not allowing input on a Storm 9550 device, however they work fine in the simulator.  Number filtered fields are working in both.  I am wondering if you found a solution.

Thanks,

Janet

Developer

experience same issue.

my edit field ( build with 4.5 , so running compatible mode on Storms ) virtual keyboard works well on Storms prior or equal to 5.0.0.517 , but not afterwards.

Any official word from RIM? and any suggested workaround?

New Developer

The only way I could get this to work for now was to build another COD file with the 4.7 JRE that users with 4.7 OS and later could use instead of the 4.5 version.  That did the trick for our user.