If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
stoaster
My Device: Bold

Blackberry Tutorials and Resources

Hi

I've created a set of tutorials and learning resources for developers interested in BlackBerry development. I'm planning on releasing a whole suite of tutorials that address all aspects of BlackBerry development (graphics, networking, camera, GPS APIs etc). I'm still working on these tutorials, and I hope to get them released in the next 2 months or so. Here's a link to the RSS feed for these new tutorials, so you can find out when they are released. 

To get started, check out - 

BlackBerry SDK and tools - Getting Started

BlackBerry Development Tools - Eclipse Plugin (in beta)

BlackBerry Development Tools - JDE (and IDEA)

I also have a suite of tutorials created for Android, as well as other Java platforms and APIs. 

Thanks,

Nazmul.

http://developerlife.com

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Blackberry Tutorials and Resources

kudos for the work you invest.
i just browsed through your "getting started", looks quite good.
i have one suggestion though: put a few details about the different OS versions in it.
until you are only targeting devices 9xxx up you should not use JDE 4.6
i think most people, including me, use JDE 4.2.1 as it introduced many basic features and is supported by most devices.

all 8xxx devices have OS 4.5 available but most people are not aware of it and continue to use their old version.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
KaLin
My Device: Not Specified

Problem While Deploying The Application in Blackberry 8120 device

Please use plain text.