Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
jpspringall
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

Blackberry code signing - Lost Password

Hi,

I looks like i've forgotten the private key for code signing, or at least i get the following message:

The signature on the revocation request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect password.

I've contacted devsupport@rim.com on monday, to see what needs to be done and got a case number, but as yet not got a reply. Des anyone have any idea what the turn around time is on these requests. Or another solutions for changing my private key?

Thanks James

Please use plain text.
Developer
daveyem
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: O2

Re: Blackberry code signing - Lost Password

I would have thought 2 days would be typical, but getting new keys can take up to 10 days.  Possibly this is the same for getting keys re-issued.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jpspringall

OK, cheers, i'll give it til the end of next week.

Though i'm not quite what to do if i dont hear back from them, as there is no other point of contact from what i can see.

Cheers

James

Please use plain text.
Developer
daveyem
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: O2

If you don't hear back in a few days, I'd definitely ping them again.  Or maybe one of the mods here can push it along?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jpspringall

I'll wait til monday and see what happens.

If one of the mods on here would like to push it along that would be great but they would have to contact me as the keys are registered against a different email address (Work one rather than Personal email)

James

Please use plain text.