Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
calebhamilton
My Device: Droid 1
Accepted Solution

Blackberry facebook SDK login browser error

[ Edited ]

I recently switched from using the Blackberry facebook SDK jar to using the projects source code (checked out from the tag that the jar was built from)

Ever since this switch, I've experienced browserfield problems:

On a device, the loading graphics persists until I back out.

On a simulator I see:

"Error requesting content for

https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?scope=user_about_me,user_activities,user_birthday,user_educati...

Error message null."

where APPLICATION_ID is my correct application ID.

The above URL opens fine in my PC browser and even on the Blackberry browser when pasted in; and I have debugged for a while through the facebook sdk's source and found that the browserfield listener returngs "error:[URL]" when it attempts to load the content.

Has anyone seen similar behavior with the Blackberry SDK source code before?

Caleb Hamilton | Metova
www.metova.com
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry facebook SDK login browser error

Did you try the sample app that comes with the SDK? A colleague said that he had no trouble with it.

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Please use plain text.
Contributor
calebhamilton

Unfortunately time did not permit me to test the sample with our build tools or set up the Blackberry eclipse plugin for testing either.

I reverted back to using the jar and set up 2 build profiles for 5.0+ (includes jar) and pre5.0 (doesnt include jar).

Thanks

Caleb Hamilton | Metova
www.metova.com
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amma12345
My Device: 9700

Hi All, 

i know am littel late for reply but m facing the same problem, if sme has the solution to this problem thn please provied it i am facing this problem last few days, m trying to get the Access token in order to login to the fb , i hv tried with FacebookSdk as well , bt its giving the FB login page , i nstead if tht i wanna use customize login page for Facbook , so i f possible then pls provide the soltuion for this ......

Please use plain text.
Contributor
calebhamilton

amma12345, you will more than likely need to manually implement the Facebook API calls within your own custom fields for a login screen.

Check out the documents here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/authentication/

Caleb Hamilton | Metova
www.metova.com
Please use plain text.