Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry how to draw buttonfield devided into two different color..

Where?

Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Company

Hi

i inserted the image that describe the look of clickablefield(e.g ButtonFileld)

that i want to show..

Recharge.png

Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

You can achieve this in a number of ways:

1) Generate a bitmap for each such button and use clickable (FOCUSABLE) BitmapFields for them. You'll have to find a way to "highlight" the focused field though - some ideas are in this post.

2) Create a custom field which would display the two texts and the backgrounds the way you want, indicate focus and respond to navigation clicks and touches.

The important thing to understand is that you cannot use the standard ButtonField for this task. It is way too specialized for that.

If you are not sure how to make your own custom Fields, ask here and we'll give more details.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Company

Hi thanx for help,

Actually i solved the problem,But still i want to know your suggestion and idea about custom field ....

please suggest.