Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: see later

Blackbery size error

when I do try to play my application I get this...

C:\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.0.0_7.0.0.33\components\bin\rapc.exe -convertpng -quiet codename=deliverables\Standard\7.0.0\blackberry -sourceroot=C:\Users\krikor\Desktop\Eclipse workspace\blackberry\src;C:\Users\krikor\Desktop\Eclipse workspace\blackberry\res -import=C:\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.0.0_7.0.0.33\components\lib\net_rim_api.jar C:\Users\krikor\Desktop\Eclipse workspace\Library\lib\ksoap2-j2me-core-prev-2.1.2.jar deliverables\Standard\7.0.0\blackberry.rapc C:\Users\krikor\Desktop\Eclipse workspace\blackberry\bin
com.rim.resources.blackberryRIMResources: Error!: too much resource data, max allowed: 7802880, found: 8632744
Packaging project blackberry failed (took 43.034 seconds)

If I remove the database file which is 2.7 mb my application works perfect, but i need to  have with the application my database file with data coming with it. how can i fix this issue? or is it not allowed?

Developer
My Device: see later

Re: Blackbery size error

btw dont laugh at me, if its stupid to store 2.7 mb of data in ur application since begining..its what **bleep** boss of mine is calling.. maybe i should hit his head with a shoe or sthg.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry size error

The recommendations in this Thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/applications-size/m-p/1852607

are very good, so please review it.

In your case I suspect that you could gzip the database file, and then unzip it when you are copying it to the SD Card - that will probably mean you fit in the limits.

There are other approaches, but personally if you can keep it in one application using various techniques to reduce resource sizes, that would be best.