Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9530,8900,9000
My Carrier: Airtel,Docomo

Bloack Third-party application installation/Usage from other Third party Application

[ Edited ]

Is there any way to block the Third party application installation/Usage  from other Third party application? I just wants to block other Third party application installation/Usage from my application.. So is it possible to do that?

I found that we can block third party application from BES server using "ITPolicy" but it is possible to bloack usage of third party application from my application?

Lathiya Himanshu
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Bloack Third-party application installation/Usage from other Third party Application

no, this is not possible.
applications doing something similar check the running processes every x ms and request foreground themselves when a forbidden app is pushed to the foreground.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bloack Third-party application installation/Usage from other Third party Application

Hi simon_hain,

The application "iLocker Pro - App Lock and Privacy Protection" which is on App World provides locking for native as well as for ThirdPartyApplication. so there must be a way to lock the application.

Are there any other way to lock application running?

Lathiya Himanshu
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

as the developer wrote here in the forum how he did it i am pretty sure that this is the way it was done...
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Trusted Contributor

But How can I found that forbidden application comes forground?

Lathiya Himanshu
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

See the ApplicationManager class.in that getForegroundProcessId(), getProcessId(ApplicationDescriptor descriptor), getVisibleApplications().Using these methods u will know which applications are running and what is the current application which is in the foreground.This may not be the correct way but if you want to close the current app in the foreground , using EventInjector you can end that application.

Trusted Contributor

I used that timer and getVisibleApplications(), compare it with application wants to block and used EventInjector to close the application, but its first loading the screen and then will close the application so its flashing the application's first screen... so is possible to not allowed application to start?

Lathiya Himanshu
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

its not possible to prevent user from opening the app.If you dont want user to use that app then uninstall it from you application.Otherwise when user opens that app close it as u r doing now and display an alert that you can't use this app... etc.