Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
harrywynn
My Device: 8800
My Carrier: AT&T

Blocking screen capture/recording applications

Hi all - Is there any way in the SDK to block applications that take screen captures, or record screen activity to video? Blocking apps like BB Screen Stream and JL_Cmder are a requirement I have for an application I'm currently developing. Thanks in advance for any help.
Please use plain text.
Developer
PoojaMaheshwari
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Blocking screen capture/recording applications

[ Edited ]

There doesn't seem to be a direct way to do it programmatically.

However, you may use ApplicationPermissionsManager.invokePermissionsRequest to invoke the permissions screen. Next, You may select deny value set for permission PERMISSION_RECORDING using EventInjector APIs. You may next check for the value of this permission everytime during start up & redo the steps if it is not set to deny.

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Application Permissions have nothing to do with the firmware being able to stream screencaptures over USB or Bluetooth to JavaLoader.exe.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
harrywynn
My Device: 8800
My Carrier: AT&T

So basically I won't be able to block desktop apps from doing these things via JavaLoader, correct?

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I don't know. I suppose you could try to detect a USB connection event and then immediately lock the handheld, thus effectively making it useless to capture screenshots...

Please use plain text.