Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
lfrider
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Notification

Hey Guys,

I am brand new to the blackberry API but a long time java programmer and I would like to develop a simple program that sends the incomming call notification to a paired BT headset whenever the phone recieves a text message/email/PIN...(these will be the options) and I have no idea where to start. I have the JDE and the simulator working great and I have even modified many aspects of the sample BT program the come with the JDE but I still need to find the BT API and someone with some knowlege to give me some direction.Any help would be much appreciated!

Aaron

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Bluetooth Notification

The BlackBerry API set does not provide programmatic access to the Bluetooth headset profile.  You can the profiles that are available to third party applications here: 

What Is - Bluetooth support on BlackBerry devices
Article Number: DB-00465

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800441/What_Is...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
mjh2000
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bluetooth Notification

i have read your post but i am lost.

i have the same issue.

I need a bluetooth headset devise to send a particular signal or trigger to a running blackberry applicaiton to do a particular task.

Is this option doable ?  can this programmically be done ?

DO yuo know of a bluetooth headset that has an extra button to carry out this functionality ???

thanks

mjh