Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
hmftw
My Device: Developer

Bluetooth System Dialog Not Getting Cancelled

[ Edited ]

I have a BB application that communicates to our proprietary device via Bluetooth. All Bluetooth is pairing and sending data fine, except that on SOME BlackBerry devices the system dialog that comes up when connecting never disappears. 

On all BlackBerry devices a dialog pops up when pairing to the device that says "Waiting for [Device Name]..." and on most devices this dialog dissappears as soon as the connection succeeded and my application displays it's necessary dialogs. But there is a few devices I've tried out that this dialog never dissappears... my application takes the required steps when the connection succeeds but everything it displays is UNDER this system dialog.

The dialog can be cancelled if the user hits the back button, but most users will not know to do this and will get impatient while waiting for this dialog to go away.

Of the devices I've tested on this is happening on the Bold 9780 and the Curve 9360. It works fine on the Bold 9000 and the Torch 9800.

Waiting

Please use plain text.