Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Browser Demo accessing yahoo mail

hi,

i'm trying to access yahoo mail using the BrowserFieldDemo and I already implemented my own CookieManager but still i fail to log in. 

any body tried this? but i can access friendster and log in successfully. 

Basically my cookiemanager stores the cookie given by the yahoo mail log in site. then after submitting the log in details, the cookiemanager appends the stored cookie to the url.

I'm getting a  "The browser you're using refuses to sign in. (cookies rejected)".

Developer

Re: Browser Demo accessing yahoo mail

anybody implemented the browserField api that was able to login in yahoo mail?  when i try to login, it says "The browser you're using refuses to sign in. (cookies rejected).

Thank you very much. 

Developer

nobody encountered this issue? :smileyhappy: thanks!
Developer

up
Developer

I read that BIS-B has its own cookie management. but how come when i access yahoo.com using BIS -B transport, it says, "The website could not set or retrieve your cookies. The browser may not support cookies or the cookies may be turned off". But i was able to login in the following urlS: facebook and friendster. but not in gmail, hotmail, ebay and yahoo mail.
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Javelin

Facebook has the same issue for me. I think it is to do with javascript cookies but i might be wrong. The user browser works but the embedded (Java) browser has issues. I used the following link to test this: http://www.essentialobjects.com/JSCookieTest.htm . The user browser works like a charm but i could not get the java embedded browser to work. Happy to accept suggestions for workarounds!
Developer

i'll try to test that using the URL you provided. what network transport are you using? so in you case, you cannot access yahoo and facebook?
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Javelin

Network transport is not the problem. Facebook fails to log in on real device or simulator. You can see various errors in the simulator if you navigate to the facebook login page. Lots of javascript loads, various "undefined" errors appear and no cookies are set from login which prevents further facebook access.
Developer

I guess network transport plays a big role in this also especially in cookie management. and also the RenderingOptions. did you implement your own cookie handling? 
Developer

any body encountered this issue also? :smileyhappy: