Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
hiral
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Browser field rendering issue

Hi,

I just discovered the Blackberry browser.field package and was exploring the same.However, was not able to find some good tutorial on it. I read somewhere that the sample coupled with the jde may help.

<jde name>\\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\browser

I resolved some of the compilation errors and run the code, without any exception, but with no output.

I just get a blank screen on the emulator and nothing else. I tried debugging the code and located that the _mainScreen has a VerticalFieldManager that holds a HTMLBrowserField, but i wonder why it is not being rendered.

Anyone has any idea, please respond...

Also, if anyone has a better example to explore, it would be really nice..

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
vaikunth

Re: Browser field rendering issue

I didn't get any error or exceptions.

Its working fine for me.

Please use plain text.
Developer
hiral

I agree, no exceptions... but no output as well..

I just ported all the classes onto my blackberry project and tried to run the same, but only got a blank screen.

I am using JDE 5.0.0 and testing on the 9630 emulator, along with the MDS server connected.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Are you able to open the same page using the BlackBerry Browser in the BlackBerry smartphone simulator?  Are you using the original browser field or BrowserField2?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
hiral

I was using the BrowserContent and BrowserContentManager classes example.

However, I realised that I had not signed the cod files before executing them on the emulator, and hence no content was being fetched. Once i signed them, it started working perfectly fine.

I had missed out on the signing part of the cod files since the JDE documentation itself suggested :

"

Category:
Signed: This element is only accessible by signed clients. If you intend to use this element, please contact RIM to establish the necessary agreements that will allow you to have your COD files signed. Signing is only required for use on the device, development under the JDE can occur without signing the CODs. "

I think it would of great help to others if this documentation is refactored at the earliest so that other newbies like me wont get lost with it again..!!

Thanks for the replies though, :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krishnan8727

[ Edited ]

How can I able to identify the rendering has been completed in that manager and how can I execute java script (like browserField.executeScript() methods in blackberry 5.0 browser field  to execute the script from externally) in rendered field in blackberry OS 4.5

Please can you help

Thank you,

-Krishnan8727

Please use plain text.