Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
ted_hulick
My Device: Not Specified

BrowserField still broken in many areas...even in V6

I posted well over a year agon the the BrowserField...

It should have builtin caching...should have built in redirect....it has issues with repainting....

you cannot scrap the current html (unless you jump through hoops by substitiing connection class/controller/etc.) AND the Listener apis simply suck meaning they don't work.  

There are pages of posts from others on the Listener/etc. and still V6 has the same broken

stuff....

Please use plain text.
Developer
BB-Dude
My Device: 9900

Re: BrowserField still broken in many areas...even in V6

Did you report your bugs in the BlackBerry Issue Tracker?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ted_hulick
My Device: Not Specified

Yep...

I sure did...

To be honest - I've given up on the Issue Tracker...

The turnaround in most cases has been 6 months or more...and usually - they

just flag it as something they won't fix.

These are well known issues...

I - like many here - realize that the only way to move forward is to

find a workaround - you can't count on anything getting fixed and in most

cases you can't get an answer from RIM as to how it should work.

Sorry to be negative - but we are finishing the last 2 apps (of about 20) and

then we are leaving the BB platform...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rocbottom
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Keep the faith BB-Dude, unfortunately that's about all you will have to lean on.  If you spend any amount of time in the Support Community Forums you will see there a number of really talented and insightful people that contribute.  But at this stage of the game many all share the same lack of confidence in the Issue Tracker and unfortunately for BB a number of these talented developers are jumping ship to the dark side.  The word is that the grass really is greener, and the frustrations are far less.  If only BB would assign a developer advocate for those trying to help grow the app population even in spite of the many frustrations.  What should be simple issues to resolve, never seem to get resolved.  We still continue to rack up unhappy clients due to issues with BBAW that should have been solved a long time ago.  But due to BBAW's inability to do some of the basic blocking and tackling, customers believe the issues are that of the developers.  So we continue to waste time with support issues that should/can be avoided.  And worst of all, giving refunds to unhappy clients because BBAW issued an invalid dynamic license and the user feels they were ripped off by the developer.  So the developer issues a refund to maintain their reputation and avoid bad reviews, while BBAW keeps their 30% due to the No-Refund Policy. Best of luck.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BB-Dude
My Device: 9900

I agree that some bugs can be taken care of faster and should be. But also we should provide as much details as possible when we are reporting an issue.

I have reported number of issues before to the issue tracker and they are fixed now.

I have also reported a number of issues that were ignored. :smileysad:

I have been around for a while and things are much better than they were before. But I agree that more needs to be done.

For now we keep trying to work things around and if they do not work because of a BlackBerry bug we just remove that certain feature even though we should not have to.

I am really sad at the amount of developers that jumped ship but at the same time I am happy to see new developers coming in.

Please use plain text.