Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BrowserField2 Demo problem?

[ Edited ]

What you are asking is exactly what I answered in my previous post, so obviously what I explained was not clear enough for you.

I will try to expand on it a little below, but if there is anything that is still unclear, then ask again.  But please ask a specific question.  This forum is not intended to help people design their applications, we expect that you can do that yourself.  We are here to help with the BlackBerry specific issues you might have implementing your application.  . 

The most important point is that this is not a BlackBerry specific function.  There are, as I'm sure you are aware, a number of PC utilities that will download a web page with contents (including Internet Explorer).  So I would search on the web for hints and tips as other people have done it on other platforms.  I am not aware that anyone has done it on the BlackBerry. 

The only BlackBerry specific portion of this requirement is the network connection and download to SD Card, i.e. the code that downloads an individual component of the web page (the HTML, the CSS or the jpgs for example).  You will find plenty of examples to help you with this.

The most difficult part is the HTML parsing and replacement of links to references to the SD Card.  Here you will need help from the wider community if you do not know how to do this yourself.  The actual replacement link should be clear if you understand how to download to the SD Card. 

Please use plain text.