If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
senadb
My Device: Not Specified

Build Error

[ Edited ]

Hello, I'm new at this and i'm trying to build my first application :smileyhappy:

When I load samples included with the JDE aplication and when I run the HelloWorldDemo I get this message :

Building HelloWorldDemo
E:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\bin\rapc.exe  -quiet import=..\lib\net_rim_api.jar codename=com\rim\samples\device\helloworlddemo\HelloWorldDemo com\rim\samples\device\helloworlddemo\HelloWorldDemo.rapc warnkey=0x52424200;0x52525400;0x52435200 "E:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\helloworlddemo\HelloWorldDemo.java" "E:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\helloworlddemo\img\helloworld_jde.png"
I/O Error: CreateProcess: javac -source 1.3 -target 1.1 -g -O -d E:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\rapc_1a936e4f.dir -bootclasspath ..\lib\net_rim_api.jar -classpath ..\lib\net_rim_api.jar "E:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\helloworlddemo\HelloWorldDemo.java" error=2
Error while building project

Can anyone help :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by senadb on 07-24-2008 01:13 AM
Please use plain text.
Developer
richard_puckett
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Build Error

It means that the JDE can't find any instances of "javac" (the Java compiler) in your path.  An easy way to verify this is to open a DOS prompt and type "javac".  To fix this, first make sure you have a Java SDK - a full SDK, not just a JRE.  Then, find where your javac exectuable lives (perhaps something like "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin") and add that to your system classpath.  Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables -> System Variables.  Append, via semicolon, the full path to javac to the variable named "PATH".
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Build Error

Richard is correct.  For reference, here is a developer knowledge base article on this error.

Support - I/O Error: CreateProcess
Article Number: DB-00081

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800901/Support...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.