Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
babygodzilla
My Device: Not Specified

Re: CAN I MAKE A FORTUNE BEING A SOLO MOBILE DEVELOPER?

10-20K is not close to what top iPhone developers make? that's pretty crazy... it's like a lottery isn't it? hundreds of thousands of apps out there, if your one app is within the top 10 even for a short period of time, it's like winning a small (or big) lottery...

Developer
satchell
My Device: Tour 9630

Hello Rex007,

If you think that there's something missing from the mobile realm. From there with your prior exp. Build your idea and offer it to a lot of people you know and maybe provide a website promoting it slowly gaining the knowledge of a business, as well not getting overwhelmed with complaints if the problems are easily fixable the bad press might not be, on the grander scale. 

To charge $ for your app is your call though my guess is there's more money in slipping a few ads in your app and offer it Free to the public. Corporations and banks are taking money from Us, take money from them. No offense:smileyindifferent:.

Read all the disclaimer of any mobile store that puts you app out! 

Good Luck,

Brent

Visitor
kaeonthibe
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

I laughed at this post!!!!

LOOOLLLL!!!!!

:smileyvery-happy: 

Contributor
jwedekin
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Seriously? Six figures? I'm going to stop developing silly games to amuse my 5-year-old and start on something I can publish to the App World.

What devices do you recommend supporting? (i.e. which devices make you the most money).

Thanks for the info.
~Josh