Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
james_prudente
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Calendar change events not received on 8900

I created an app using the example at this link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&view=by_date_ascending&messa...

I did change BlackBerryEventList to BlackBerryPIMList to get it to work on the 8300 (v4.2.2.170).

Also tested on a Storm (v4.7.0.75) and it successfully reported add/update/remove events from the calendar.

On the 8900 (v4.6.1.114) no events are being called.

Anyone have ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Calendar change events not received on 8900

Note that there can be multiple calendars on a BlackBerry smartphone.  Each calendar database has its own PIMList.  You can view these by opening the Calendar and selecting Options from the menu.  The PIM.openPIMList(int pimListType, int mode)  method returns the default calendar.  You can use the PIM.listPIMLists(int pimListType) method to get a list of all calendars and then target a specific one using the PIM.openPIMList(int pimListType, int mode, String name)  method.

Support for this was added in BlackBerry handheld software version 4.6.0.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
james_prudente
My Device: Not Specified

Perfect!  that was the problem.  Editing an event in the facebook calendar on the 8900 triggered the event to fire.  Was subscribed to the wrong pim list.  Thanks!
bvv
New Contributor
bvv
My Device: Simulator

I found strange things regarding this problem. I’m using Desktop calendar (I found that on my simulator I have two calendars: Desktop and Default). And when I debug this call EventList eventList = (EventList)PIM.getInstance().openPIMList(PIM.EVENT_LIST, PIM.READ_WRITE, “Desktop”); Enumeration events = eventList.items(EventList.OCCURRING, Long.MIN_VALUE, Long.MAX_VALUE, true); I found that sometimes it returns enumeration for 3 events, sometimes it returns enumeration for 4 events etc. All enumerations are different not only in event amount but also in event content. The BB Calendar has 7 events which I expect to get from this call. Could you explain that sporadic behavior? Thanks.