Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
gunar
My Device: 8830, 8100

Call API

Hi!

I've seen there are some companies who make possible call management (initiate, drop, hold, call) and UI management at call time so the phone shows a fake screen... 

Now, my guess is as follows:

1. This has been done with a private API from RIM and probably some patch for the phone OS.

2. Someone has put his hands in the OS, cracked it and made some API for himself ...

Now, if these are possible and doable, can someone give me some url, hints or any thing helpfull?

Best regards!

gunar

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Call API

Take a look at this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=2743&query.id=750...

Basicallly, RIM does not support any API that does what you are looking for. Some folks have worked around this by using key injection to simulate pressing the "redphone" key.

Please use plain text.
Developer
gunar

Hi!

Thanks for the reply but keystroke injection is out of the question as I am working on a commercial application which will work on BIS and BES so keystroke injection is completely unreliable and is frustrating me to no end!

I guess the only way to end the conversation is to use interprocess communication... But I have to figure out what parameters to send to the phone call manager process...

Br,

gunar

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

the people that found out are not going to tell anybody. and i am pretty sure the people that eventually will find out won't tell anybody, then.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
gunar

If I am going to find out, then I'm going to make it public on at many forums I can ...

Br,

gunar

Please use plain text.
Developer
gunar

So far, I know the alternative is to use Interprocess Communication. But I don't know what to parameters to send to raiseEvent method...

Any idea is welcomed!

Br,

gunar

Please use plain text.