Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
javec
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Call Control functions like reject/disconnect

I think you have to wait 500ms and then answer/reject the call? Then you will get the right Screen you want the Menus from.

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)
devguy

I placed "Thread.sleep(1000);" as first statement into the callIncoming method, and nothing changed...still getting those menu items....

If someone could just post a little snippet of workng code, I think it would be easier, and also more useful for future people looking for this. 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
devguy

I though the problem might be that the new Bold changed something in the UI...so I downloaded and tested my code with the Curve 8300...

Exactly the same result...the code lists all the menu items indicated in my previous posts. Also, if on the emulator I manually bring uop the menu from the "Incoming call" screen, I get "Accept" and "Ignore", not "Help" and "End call".

I'm going crazy with this...

Please use plain text.
Developer
myraddin
My Device: 9000 9810

Hi all.

First of all, you people are receiving a valuble set of tips/infos/refined knowledge facts and your account shows that you never give thanks to anyone!

I don't like being a policeman for good manners, but does it hurt to show appreciation?

Also, please don't use PM for public messages. I can look at the thread if I can/want, you don't have to remind me through PM.

As for the response:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/627016/User_Interface...

In short, try with invokeLater :smileywink:

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"
Please use plain text.
New Developer
devguy

Hi myraddin,

sorry for anoying you via PM, I apologize.

I definitely want to give appreciation to helpful replies, but it seemed to me that many previous replied didn't really understand my question, and they kept saying the same thing, while I was saying that I was getting different result.

Your reply is giving a new tip, and it's my pleasure to give you a kudos for this.

I'll try the new suggestion tonight at home, and report here it it works fine...

Thanks for now.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
devguy

Hi myraddin,

thanks a lot for your help...the code works fine at least, by following your suggestion!

Now I've got a small related question though. When I programmatically end the call, the system brings up a"missed call" dialog, with the Close and View buttons. Can I get a reference to this dialog, and close it by simulating a click over "Close". If how, can you give some directions?

Thanks again, your help is very much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
devguy

PROBLEM: while invokeLater seems to work fine with the 8300 Curve simulator, it *does not* seem to work the same with the Bold simulator...

With the Bold in fact I get the same items reported earlier, and there's no "End call" item :smileysad:(((

How is that?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
devguy

anyone on the invokeLater delayed call?
Please use plain text.
New Developer
adrian_09

My guess is that the incoming call screen is in a different process therefore you wouldn't be able to access it from the phoneListener process..
Please use plain text.
Developer
myraddin
My Device: 9000 9810

Sorry for the long delay.

I am just starting to 'play' with the Bold device and am unhappy to see the new issues.

I am sure we will find a way around the new found limitations.

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"
Please use plain text.