Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
gunar
My Device: 8830, 8100

Call ended and failing

Hi!

I want to end an initiated call and then make a call to a different phone number...

What I am doing is injecting a KEY_END event, and create another thread which at first waits for 2 seconds and then makes the desired phone call...

Now, my success rate is not 100 % as second calls are sometimes failed... The fail reason is CALL_GENERAL_ERROR, no more than that... I know that hacking is not a suggested solution, nor recomendation :smileyhappy: but I was wondering if there is something I could do related to these call failing ...

Best regards!

gunar

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Call ended and failing

I recommend implementing a PhoneListener and verifying that the existing call was disconnected before you make a new one.  It could be that you are initiating the call before the network has disconnected the previous one.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
gunar
My Device: 8830, 8100

Re: Call ended and failing

Hi!

Thanks for the snappy reply! Well, I create the thread in the callDisconnected() method ... This thread is waiting for 3 seconds and after that it creates the phone call... I even put it to wait for 5 secs ... Same result!

What seems to help is that I inject the key event after 1 sec after I create it... This seems to help on a 8100 v4.2.1.103 ... I'll try on the other devices I have ...

Please use plain text.