Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: All
Accepted Solution

Call recording

Hi

I've been asked if it is possible to create a Call recording app for a modern BlackBerry (9000 and up).

The idea is to have an app that can be activated to record both sides of a call, on demand. The app would not be used illegally etc.-

I've had a go at it but there doesn't appear to to the functionality in available APIs. All I seem to be able to do is record using the mic, and setting the call to speakerphone- and this seems to cut out one side of the call.

Many thanks for any help in advance!

Developer
My Device: Z10, Onyx2

Re: Call recording

there is no api to do that function. and it will not be available
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

applications that offer call recording capability on BB establish the call via a 3rd party service which records them.
on the device itself recording a call is not possible, as anditsung already stated.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Why won't call recording be available, if both parties are aware the all is being recorded, then (certainly in the UK) it is legal to do so.

In an information age, and as a reporter, its so important to be able to use this function, it allows for complete accuracy and speed in getting an interview completed.

android allow voice recording, why can't blackberry?

Contributor
My Device: All

Many thanks for the reply- I thought as much.

I guess I'll have to do it on another OS instead then!

Just because this function  could be used in malicious ways- doesn't mean it will only be used this way- it can be used for good as well!!