Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
duksunkim
Accepted Solution

Can I print menu icons and other?

Hi,

I would like to print menu button,  trackwheel, back button and enter key icons in help menu.

Is it possible or should i use image?

Thanks,

DK.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: Can I print menu icons and other?

[ Edited ]

Not sure what you mean by print?  Print to what?

I presume you are asking for some special character you can use in your help screens that will look like the menu button,pearl, and so on, or at least have the standard icons?  Is this correct? 

I'm not aware of characters in the BlackBerry supported fonts that contain these symbols, but I've also not seriously looked for them.

Message Edited by peter_strange on 10-06-2008 12:44 AM
Please use plain text.
Developer
duksunkim

I'm sorry, what I meant was that display on the screen, like menu button or trackball symbol...

I saw one application showing that kind of symbol in help menu of that application. So I thought I can do it.

But couldn't find it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
richard_puckett

If you're looking to draw an image of a keypad button to the screen: AFAIK, there is no standard way of getting one of those images.  Just take a screen shot of the simulator and do a little Photoshop on it until you've created the icons you're interested in.  Save them as PNGs, load them into your app as EncodedImages, and paint them onto the screen however you want.
Please use plain text.