Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Can anyone help me parse my the contents contained in the" url" named as xml.aspx using pure Java Application

Can anyone help me parse my  the contents contained in the" url" named as xml.aspx  using pure Java Application and not eseentially a MIDlet..

My url conatins   Channel mages, channel names and Url's  for the Live TV applicaton  built using Java eclipse for BB 5.0 , 6.0 and 7.0 OS  vesrions.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Can anyone help me parse my the contents contained in the" url" named as xml.aspx using pure Java Application

if you want to parse things you would have to know their format first.
xml.aspx sounds like xml or SOAP to me.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can anyone help me parse my the contents contained in the" url" named as xml.aspx using pure Java Application

You are asking the wrong question.  Your URL does not contain any data, you don't parse the URL, you parse the data that is returned by the web processing that is run when you use that URL.  How you parse it will depend on the format of the data returned.  So what format is the data that is returned?

I thought you already knew this since you have the Midlet application that is already parsing this on Nokia devices?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Warning-No-definition-found-for-exported-sta...

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Yes You are right Iam  not parsing the URL  but  parsing  the data that is returned by the web processing that is run when you use that URL.

I want to parse and show  the channel images list with channel names and  when clicked on the Channel images

the parsed channel url should show /paly the channel video is it is a Live TV Application.

Ok  How to rrewrite the  Niokia code Ui specifically for the BlackBerry

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

It appears to me this is basically the same question as your other Thread? 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Warning-No-definition-found-for-exported-sta...

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

but I have been successful in parsing only using Midlet application and that too on Nokia where as I want to parse using Java based application and on/for BlackBerry mobiles.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

How does the Nokia application parse the data? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

They have used SAX Parser  i.e    SAXParser in a MIDlet project using Java ME Midlet

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser is available for BlackBerry, included in the base API since OS 4.3 I think, so you should be OK using your existing code. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

OK   

Please use plain text.