Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Can anyone help me parse my the contents contained in the" url" named as xml.aspx using pure Java Application

[ Edited ]

Please see the output screenshots shown above  and help me  show the channel images list as  done in the Nokia mobile application as earleir said.

The output  is           java.io.IOException:APN is not specified.(no channels)

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can anyone help me parse my the contents contained in the" url" named as xml.aspx using pure Java Application

That is a communication error - you need to work out what communication methods are available and add an appropriate connection suffix, or change the code in the application to use some BlackBerry specific classes like ConnectionFactory.

I take it your code is running correctly in a Simulator?

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

No it is shwoing thesame output  both in simulator and on the device.

I was unable to  use connection factory earleir

pls help me,

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

That is not what I would expect, Simulator does not APN. 

1) What have you changed that means you are not longer getting the time out problem you reported earlier?

2) Can you plase give us the complete URL you are using for your connection?

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

My url is  same as earlier mentoned in

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Warning-No-definition-found-for-exported-sta...

No  Iam still getting the  time out error or problem both on the device as well as the simulator/emulator.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

[ Edited ]

So why did you tell us it was the error reported in:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Can-anyone-help-me-parse-my-the-contents-con...

Can you use this URL in the Browser on the Simulator?  Don't bother trying it in your code until you can.  To get it working, make sure that you have the MDS Simulator going.  You should be able to get at other publicly available URLs form the Browser in the SImulator, such as www.google.com

For the record, the URL is:

http://yupptv.com/mobile/symbianxmlnew.aspx

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Yes the url is correct.

Now what you want me to do to get my output.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Start your Browser on the SImulator.  Type in that URL, or another URL that should work, like www.google.com.  Make sure that they work correctly. 

We need to confirm that your Simulator can get to URLs like this before we continue. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

My browser is not functioning on the simulator

but   my browser is working on the devce.

Iam able to browse  on the device  like anyweb site like yahoo or google.com etc

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

[ Edited ]

OK, we need to progress this one step at a time, and until you get your code working on the Simulator we will not try to get it working on device. 

You will have to change the code to get it working on the device, and we will approach those changes once you have it working on the Simulator. 

Make sure the MDS SImulator is working. 

Now if you have the MDS Simulator working and there are not funny proxies involved in your environment, the Browser on the deice should be working.  So confirm that the MDS Simulator is working.  Then try to get the Browser working. 

If it still doesn't work, find out if you have any proxies in use and then if you do, configure the MDS Simulator to match.  Search the forum for documentation on doing this.  In fact search the forum for assistance in getting your Simulator Browser working.  You might also have to ask the people involved in setting up your network for assistance. 

So to confirm, your next step is to get the Browser on the Simulator working.  Until you get the Browser on the Simulator working, there is not point looking at other problems with your code. 

Please use plain text.