Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Can anyone help me parse my the contents contained in the" url" named as xml.aspx using pure Java Application

I will download version 6 simulator and update you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Re: Can anyone help me parse my the contents contained in the" url" named as xml.aspx using pure Java Application

[ Edited ]

But  my app should work on device atleast   i.e browser on device 9860   torch etc  is working.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Not necessarily, as I noted in this post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Can-anyone-help-me-parse-my-the-contents-con...

Personally I am not prepared to try to help you get networking code working correctly when the only testing you can do is on device.  That is why I wanted you get it working on a SImulator.

On the Simulator there is one thing you might like to try.  First read this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Different-ways-to-make-an-HTTP-or-socket-con...

Then add ";deviceside=true" on the end of your URL.  You should understand what that does after reading the KB article.  Let us know what happens. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Iam  able  to browse on 6.0 simulator without any problem now.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

So why didn't you try that when I suggested it yesterday:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Can-anyone-help-me-parse-my-the-contents-con...

I don't suggest things for fun.  If you want to ignore my suggestions then fine, but don't expect help. 

In future please read all of my posts and respond to everything I suggest and/or ask.  OK?

Does your app work on that SImulator?

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

My App's out put is  as follows

fledge screenshot.jpg

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

And does the URL you are using work on the Browser in the Simulator?

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

I wil check and tell or update you now

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Yes my url is working on the browser of 6.0 simulator    BlackBerry 9330.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

OK, check your code and debug the application on the OS 6.0 Simulator.  Check that the URL you are using in the application is correct and the same one that you are using.  Also, try another URL, like google.  To see if you get a response. 

If you continue to have problems, please post the contents of the String you are using as the URL in the application - I suggest you use System.out.println to dump it out to make sure it is exactly what you think it is.  . 

Please use plain text.